ingredients for 4
~350g or 2 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into large chunks
450g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
2 large onions, diced
3 tablespoons (half a jar) mild curry paste
400g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
400g (1 tin) chickpeas
few cubes frozen spinach (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok, and fry the onions until starting to colour.
- Add the chicken and fry until browned. Stir in the curry paste and cook briefly.
- Add the tomatoes, and half a tin of water. Stir in the squash.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Stir in the chickpeas, season to taste, and allow to cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or naan.
- Freezes well