¼ butternut squash, or the seeded end, deseeded, peeled and cubed
¼ teaspoon dried sage, or herb of choice
25g cream cheese
25 ml milk
portion of cooked pasta eg macaroni or shells (~75g dry)
ground black pepper
- Using either spray oil or a little poured over, roast the butternut squash and herbs in a hot oven: ~200C for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 180C.
- Mash the squash – in an ovenproof dish, with a fork, saves on washing up – and stir in the soft cheese and milk to make a creamy ‘sauce’. For extra interest, leave some of the squash unmashed.
- Stir in the pasta – can add some extra veg eg peppers – at this point, if you like.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes.