Most of the ingredients (ham, veg) are optional or can be swapped out for something else, but this is the version I made to use up NY dinner leftovers:
½ or less small leek, sliced
roast veg eg butternut squash, peppers, courgette
2-3 tablespoons cream cheese
splash of milk
½ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
portion of cooked pasta eg fusilli or penne
ground black pepper
- Soften the leek in a little oil in a saucepan before adding the roast veggies and ham.
- Add the soft cheese, and a little milk to thin the mixture into more of a sauce consistency.
- Stir in the mustard, and heat the mixture through.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta and stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a ovenproof dish and top with sprinkles of breadcrumbs, cheese, and/or black pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes.