½ onion, in bite-sized chunks
⅓ butternut squash, deseeded, peeled and cubed
1 portion curry paste of choice
75g red lentils
1 small pepper, in bite-sized chunks
165ml (small tin) coconut milk
handful of mange tout, trimmed and halved
cooked rice, to serve
- In a little oil, gentle fry the onions to soften.
- Add the butternut squash, lentil, curry paste and water. Stir and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the pepper and coconut milk, stir again. Add a little more water if needed.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes, possibly leaving the cover off for part of the time if you need to bubble off some of the liquid.
- Add the mange tout for the final 6 minutes or so of cooking time, covering the pan again.
- Serve with rice or naan, as prefered.
- Can be frozen
- If you’re feeling more adventurous, swap the bought curry paste for making your own. Do this after softening the onions and before adding the butternut.