ingredients for ~6 (freezable)
500g pack of quorn mince (or lean mince beef)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
2 peppers, diced (mixed colours look best)
2x 400g tin chopped tomatoes (or 3, if you like it extra tomato-y)
400g tin kidney beans
1-2 teaspoons chilli powder, or to taste
large dollop (so technical!) tomato puree
1 stock cube – suggest oxo (veg or beef)
Tabasco sauce, to taste
1 tablespoon cornflour, to thicken
- Fry the quorn/beef, chilli, peppers, onion and garlic in a little oil until the onions are starting to softening (and the meat browned, if using).
- Add the cornflour and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, kidney beans and stock (with a little water if necessary) and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Season with Tabasco, to taste.
Suggested serving: with rice or a baked potato, and some tortilla chips on the side.