ingredients for 6-8 smallish portions
oil/low fat cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
700g/1lb 8oz potatoes (~3 baking potatoes), peeled and chopped into large chunks
4 carrots, thickly sliced
2 parsnips, thickly sliced
2 tablespoons curry powder (or paste)
1 litre/1¾ pints vegetable stock
150g red lentils
- Fry the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the vegetables, and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the curry powder, stock and bring everything to the boil.
- Add the lentils, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the veg is tender and the lentils have thickened the sauce.
- Freezes well, so make a big batch for quick and easy meals later
- I’ve said 6-8 portions based on having this as a lighter meal, served with perhaps a mini naan bread
- Leave the veggies nice and chunky to add more interest to the eating 🙂