About 250-300g each of:
turnip (the yellow one)
150ml stock (veg or chicken)
295g can condensed soup – I’ve tried cream of celery, vegetable, and chicken and white wine
for the cobbler:
150g self raising flour
1-2 teaspoons mixed herbs (or to preference)
40g margarine or butter
4 tablespoons natural yogurt
1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- Chops and mix the veg, and put in a non-stick roasting pan covered with the stock. Roast at 190C for 25 minutes.
- To prepare the cobbler: with your fingertips, rub the flour and marg together to breadcrumb consistency. Add the yogurt and herbs and mix to a soft dough – add a little cold water if necessary.
- (Ideally:) Roll out to about 1cm thickness, and use a cookie cutter to stamp out ~3-inch rounds. (Reality: it was so gloopy I just made rough sticky balls of it!)
- Transfer the veg to an ovenproof casserole dish and mix in the soup. Layer the cobbler rounds around the edge, and brush over with a little milk
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown and risen.