1 medium potato, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 small swede, diced
1 turnip, diced
1 leek, sliced
1 parsnip, diced
426ml (¾ pint) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all of the turnips, leek, parsnip and stock in a pan, along with half of the potato, carrots and swede.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and keep to one side.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the remaining veg, cooking until lightly browned (and tender!)
- Add the honey and allow to caramelise on a medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Return the blended soup to the pan, season to taste, then stir well and serve.