makes ~5 bars, depending on how big you cut them!
1 cup oats
1 (over) ripe banana, mashed
To taste (all optional):
a little vanilla essence
dried apricots (or cherries, etc), chopped
ground or flaked almonds
golden syrup or honey
- Mash the banana really well
- Stir in the oats until well coated
- Add your chosen additional ingredients; mix well again
- Line a small baking tin, or use a silicon sheet. Spoon in the mixture and press down firmly and evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180C/160C fan until golden brown
- Leave to cool before cutting into bar form.
Keeps for several days in an airtight container, preferably in the fridge.
This is a super-easy recipe, and easily doubled – 1 cup oats to each banana, plus additions such as nuts, dried fruit, or added sweetness.